When I am not at the park with the kids, I am sitting on my balcony working on upholstery and painting projects. I love how my neighbors in the building next door love to sit on their balcony and watch me work while they sip their tea. I mean they are staring straight at me! I am just waiting for the 'balcony police' to show up and tell me to get all this furniture, paint and work tools off my balcony or else.
I have worked on a few small upholstery items, but never anything as large as a sofa, which is my goal. So I thought I would take it slow, read as many books as possible and watch as many videos on youtube.com as possible before take the big upholstery leap.
I found this little stool that is similar to my sofa and thought I would take it apart, repair it and reupholster it from scratch. Low and behold I cut open the bottom of it to find the webbing support is duct tape! I kid you not!
Picture of pouf before I gutted it.
Picture of the inside webbing made of duct tape!
I am just an average Joe trying to save a buck on a DIY upholstery project. So I will post pictures of the process and the finally outcome in the next month.