http://rougedebourg.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Ordering Affordable Fabric

Switzerland is an expensive place to live when just dealing with food and rent.  To think about having a hobby, it seems, is only for the very rich.

(Driving around Switzerland last winter 2009)

Having said that, I love to make baby blankets and baby sets as gifts for friends.  I went to three different fabric stores in Lausanne and looked at the prices for just plain cotton fabric by the meter and about fell over! I hid my purse and ran from the stores.

(Tag blanket I made for my nephew a while back)

I also went to IKEA and while the prices were okay, the fabric selection was blah, plus it looked and felt liked IKEA fabric.  So I started looking at websites from every where and then started to look on Etsy.com.

I found this Esty seller with a super cute collection of cotton fabrics at great prices, plus she will ship up to 8 yards of cotton fabric in a flat rate envelope from the USA to Switzerland for only $13.00 USD.

I just ordered these three fabrics for my next project on Friday and they just arrived this morning!  Very fast delivery!



If in Switzerland, I highly recommend
ordering affordable fabric from
I received great and prompt service.
Vickie


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.