http://rougedebourg.blogspot.com/

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Vintage Post Card Sales in Lausanne

I previously posted about all my fabulous original vintage Swissyland post cards here.  If you are interested in getting your own original vintage postcards, then on April 3rd 2011 in Lausanne, in a building directly south of Parc Milan, they will be selling tons of old post cards for Switzerland and for other countries as well. The location of this event is at Avenue de Cour 33, Lausanne from 9:00 - 17:00.

It makes me laugh as every time I go, I am the only person under 55 years of age in the building and I normally get asked if I am lost.  I also kind of stick out too because I am quickly flipping through stacks and stacks of cards for the cheapest and prettiest vintage post cards and all the downright very serious collectors are looking over each post card slowly with a magnifying glass.  It seems most booths are selling high end post cards for serious buyers and do not take kindly to young women, i.e. me, getting finger prints all over their cards and bending the corners with my flipping....oooops.

If you are simply interested in some affordable vintage post cards for decor purposes, I highly recommend finding this one specific booth and this is it's advetisement below:

His post cards are very affordable and whenever I would purchase many inexpensive vintage post cards at once I always received a discount.  Just look for a tall man with crazy gray hair and a friendly face.  He speaks zero English, but is extremely friendly.  I am not sure if he will have a sign posted for his booth or not, but he is easy to find.

This picture has nothing to do with the vintage post cards, but just had to show a picture of my youngest doing the splits in my vintage arm chair. He keeps me laughing all day long.

Hope to see you there,
Vickie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.